Donna R. Meyer
Donna Meyer is an attorney "of counsel" at Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, LLP. Her practice includes estate planning (including estate and gift taxation), estate and trust administration of taxable estates, and elder law. Her practice also emphasizes planning that benefits people with disabilities, including special needs trusts to preserve government benefits and planning to assist individuals who are receiving court settlements.
Donna is a frequent author and lecturer on special needs and estate planning topics to attorneys, financial planners, CPAs, and the public. Her presentations are sponsored by a wide variety of organizations, including the Academy of Special Needs Planners; Aspen Publishing; Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants; the Financial Planning Association; the Oregon State Bar (for the Elder Law Section and the Estate Planning and Administration Section); and the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association. In addition to professional writing in connection with her lectures, Donna has authored chapters on Special Needs Trusts, the Oregon reference book on Elder Law, and Administering Trusts in Oregon, published by the Oregon State Bar, and has written articles published in The Business Journal and the Academy of Special Needs Planners national newsletter.
Donna is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), a national organization that recognizes distinguished service in the practice of estate planning, probate and trust law. She has an AV Preeminent peer review rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
- University of Oregon School of Law – J.D. (1976)
- Oregon State Bar (OSB)
- Multnomah Bar Association (MBA)
- Estate Planning Council of Portland
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Academy of Special Needs Planners (ASNP)
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Administration Section:
- Executive Committee (formerly)
- Oregon State Bar, Elder Law Section: Past Chair
- Agency and Professional Relations Committee, Elder Law Section:
- Member and Past Chair