Melanie Marmion is a partner with the law firm of Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, LLP. Her practice focuses on all aspects of estate planning and administration, including planning for high-net worth clients, complex trust administration, preparation of estate tax returns, and planning for people with special needs.
Prior to joining Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, LLP, Melanie was an adjunct professor for Golden Gate University in both their on-site and cyber campuses. She is an active member of the Oregon State Bar and Oregon Women Lawyers. She routinely speaks on a variety of estate planning and tax issues. Audiences include attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, life underwriters and the general public.
Melanie has also practiced law in New Jersey and California where she worked on all areas of tax planning for high-net worth clients.
- Seton Hall University School of Law - J.D. (1995)
- New York University School of Law - LLM Taxation (1998)
- Oregon State Bar (OSB)
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Administration Section
- Oregon State Bar, Elder Law Section
- Estate Planning Executive Committee
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS)
- New Jersey Bar (not active)
- California Bar (not active)