Melanie Marmion is a partner with the law firm of Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, LLP. Her practice focuses on all aspects of estate planning and administration, including planning for high-net worth clients, complex trust administration, preparation of estate tax returns, and planning for people with special needs.
Melanie is currently a member of the Oregon State Bar Estate Planning Executive Committee. She routinely speaks on a variety of estate planning and tax issues. Audiences include attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, life underwriters and the general public. Prior to joining Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, Melanie had been an adjunct professor for Golden Gate University in both their on-site and cyber campuses.
Melanie has also practiced in New Jersey and California where she worked on all areas of tax planning for high-net worth clients.
- Seton Hall University School of Law - J.D. (1995)
- New York University School of Law - LLM Taxation (1998)
- Oregon State Bar (OSB)
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Administration Section
- Oregon State Bar, Elder Law Section
- Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Multnomah Bar Association (MBA)
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS)
- New Jersey Bar (not active)
- California Bar (not active)