I’m a partner with the law firm of Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion, LLP. My practice emphasizes legal issues unique to the elderly and their families, including guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, probate estates, trust administration, and estate planning. I specialize in emergency (“temporary”) guardianships and conservatorships.
I value helping clients in times of crisis, whether it is guiding them through the legal system or simply answering questions. I pride myself on being reliable and thorough in my work, while striving to take the mystery out of the legal process.
Starting when I was a psychology major at Linfield College I have always enjoyed helping people when they are in need. I am a frequent volunteer at the Legal Aid Service’s Senior Law Project providing pro bono legal help to seniors. I also enjoy teaching others to practice elder law. I am a faculty speaker for the Oregon Law Institute and the Multnomah Bar Association on the issues of probate administration and guardianships.
When I am not in the office helping clients, you will find me cheering for one of my four sons on the Cross Country field or at an orchestra concert.
“FMHM is dedicated to working together as a team which allows our attorneys to specialize in every aspect of Elder Law.”
I’m the author of the following publications and presentations:
• Guardianship/Conservatorship, Health Ed, Oregon Elder Law 2011 & 2012
• Temporary Guardianships, Oregon Law Institute CLE, Guardianship and
• Oregon State Bar CLE Elder Law Handbook, Supplement
• Initiating Probate, Oregon Law Institute CLE, Probate Primer 2006
• Advising The Guardian, The Elder Law Newsletter, published June 2006
• Initiating Probate, Oregon Law Institute CLE, Probate Primer 2004
• Initiating Probate, Oregon Law Institute CLE, Probate Primer 2003
- Willamette University College of Law - J.D. (1998)
- Oregon State Bar (OSB)
- Multnomah Bar Association (MBA)
- Oregon State Bar, Elder Law Section
- Oregon State Bar, Estate Planning and Administration Section
- Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS)
- Special Advocates for Vulnerable Oregonians (SAVO), President, past Treasurer
- Clackamas County Elder Abuse Coordinated Community Response (CCR) Team
- Guardian/Conservator Association of Oregon
- Oregon Working Interdisciplinary Network of Guardian Stakeholders (WINGS)